UTC UDI The revolutionary UW navigation- communication dive computer
The UDI is a combination device that offers the diver different functions:
– 14 pre-made text information entered via a computer can be sent and received.
– SOS signal to be sent to other divers or to the boat
– Remote SOS Signal
– “Homing” function allows easy re-finding of the entry point/boat in conjunction with the overwater station)
– The 3 D Gyro – compensated compass allows an exact navigation up to 60° tilt angle
– RGBM dive computer, adjustable up to 99 oxygen content
– Interface connection to laptop/computer to download the data
– up to 4 different networks are available for diving groups
Based on the “Text Messaging Technology” the diver is able to send and receive up to 14 different texts with the UDI.
The range is 500 meters.
The texts are entered via a computer before the dive.
Texts can be sent under a group of divers as well as to the boat (overwater station).
When a text information has been received, the recipient sends a receipt, so the sender knows that his partner has actually received the information.
A diver in distress can send an emergency call to all divers (equipped with the UDI) as well as to the surface station. The UDI then shows all those who receive the distress signal the direction and depth of the diver in distress. Thus, for the first time, the opportunity is given to find a diver in need effectively and quickly.
If a diver suspects that his dive partner needs help, has lost dive partner, he can send a Remot SOS signal, if this signal is not answered, it converts into an SOS call and leads to the diver in distress.
In combination with the surface unit, all UDI users are able to find the entry point/boat again. If the “Homing” signal is activated, the display shows the direction in which you need to float.
The surface station can also send a homing signal to signal to the divers, or even to a certain diving group, that they should return.